Awards and Festival abound!

So it looks like I may be rounding the year off by coming out of hiding. I am actually a bit of an introvert and am quite happy hiding behind this blog in the quiet belief that no-one reads it anyway! I am not a fan of Facebook as I don't really need to know how many people saw my posts or chose to comment, or 'like' it. I am far more comfortable over here, just chatting away to myself!

So, what could possibly drag me from my comfort zone? Well a few things actually.

Firstly - I am up for THREE (!!) awards at the moment! I am delighted that they are all 'people's choice awards', so they have all been nominated and shortlisted by the readers!

Here they are:

ELLA AND OLIVIA
TWO(!) nominations for this book:




One is the YABBA awards. (Check out the details here.) 

The second one is THE KOALA AWARDS. (Details here.) 

I am a bit excited by this one, as I will actually be able to attend the ceremony where I will finally be able to meet the lovely Author of the Ella and Olivia books Yvette Poshoglian for the FIRST TIME! Can you believe that after all of these years of working together on these beautiful books, we have never actually met!!  I am VERY excited about it! I am also really looking forward to meeting some of the other Authors & Illustrators, along with the lovely people at Koala.

ELLA DIARIES
I am delighted to say that ELLA DIARIES is up for an award!




Ella Diaries #1 Double Dare You, has been shortlisted in the TOTAL GIRL MAGAZINE TOY OF THE YEAR AWARDS (Book Category!) These books are beautifully written by Meredith Costain, and I am very excited share this nomination with her.

I have never been nominated for an award for my work before, so I am really excited just to have been selected! (But I will be crossing my fingers anyway!)


The next exciting event that I will be participating in is THE GOULBURN WRITERS FESTIVAL coming up in November. This is a local event for me and I am really excited to finally have put my hand up to contribute (in some small way) to the community. 

I have been laying low a bit here since we moved, but I really feel ready to get out there and start sharing my skill and experience a bit. What better way to kick things off than via our fabulous Library

I will share more detail soon (including some possible radio interviews!) but for now, you can check out the program here. It's jam packed full of fabulous events with lots of Author and Illustrators from various genres, so put it on your Calendar and start planning NOW! There are LOTS of FREE events, but bookings are essential so GO FOR IT!

I still have one more TOP SECRET project up my sleeve that I am waiting to reveal, but production has been slightly delayed, so it's a waiting game at the moment! Stay tuned for updates!! 

Phew! That was a long one! I hope it makes up for my long absence a bit! x

Comments

Ange B said…
I still read your blog although Ive been quiet and haven't commented for must be a couple of years! I still love your work!
Ange B said…
Oh and Congratulations xo
Ellen said…
How exciting. So many great things happening with your career. We can't wait to hear you at the Goulburn Reader Writer Festival on Saturday 12 November.

Popular Posts