(NOT SO) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, a VERY belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. I would have to say that we have had a very ordinary start to the New Year. In fact, I would go so far as to say it has included some of the worst days of my life.

I don't intend to bother you with the details, but it has included writing off our car. (We hit a wombat on route to our holiday destination on Christmas Eve and have been without a car for the past month while we sort things out with insurance! This is a tough ask when you live on a farm and can't rely on public transport, or walking anywhere!) But the worst part was one of our daughters becoming seriously ill and requiring some time in hospital. She has made a wonderful recovery, but we are still dealing with some side effects. This one will haunt me for some time to come, I think!

Anyway, that's my excuse for going quiet here again of late. I have so much to share with you, but will try to do it in stages. I plan to overhaul this blog and set up a website this year, but for now I have some serious work to catch up on.


I have had to do some re-shuffling of deadlines, but it feels good to get some normality and routine back into our lives. I have managed to complete the new cover artwork for the latest Ella Diaries, and have also completed all of the internal artwork for another new Ella Diaries due for release in a few months. These stories just get better and better and I LOVE working on this series.


I also meant to mention that you can now get a BOXED SET of Ella Diaries book. You know I love a boxed set!! (Sorry about the bad photo - something else I have to work on this year!)



Oh, and while we are talking boxed sets, here's an Ella and Olivia BOXED SET I spotted in one of our favourite book stores!


Now that I have caught up a bit, I am also back working on my BRAND NEW, TOP SECRET book. 



I am having so much fun with this one. There's lots of new characters and so many hilarious moments that I may have gone a bit over board with the illustrations! I don't know how we are going to fit it all into the number of pages we have been allocated!! This one is not due for release until September this year, so I can't give too much away just yet. But for now it's FUN, FUN, FUN!

This year is stacking up to be one of my busiest yet! Stay tuned for more updates and some new releases I still need to share with you. Back soon.

Comments

Popular Posts