Our Home Schooling Play Room!

I have finally managed to check out some of the videos in this e-course for home schooling (Alicia Hutchinson - Learning well. An essential guide to home schooling.) I must say that I am really enjoying it. 

Ok, so a lot of it is common sense and I appreciate that everyone will find their own methods and approaches to suit their families, but it's just so nice to hear from such like minded people. 

We have barely begun our journey and we have already been met with so many mixed reactions about our decision. But you know what? The fear I initially felt is completely gone. I am excited and I love that we are doing something so different from the 'norm.' It just feels right. 

There is a lot of material to get through in the course, but I could not resist skipping ahead a bit to check out a couple of the videos on peoples home schooling classrooms! It's like peeking into an artists studio! So it's inspired me to finally share a peek at our playroom/classroom. 

BEFORE:


Once I realised we were serious about the home schooling thing, it shifted a few priorities for me. I have always seen my work space as the most important area in the house. Therefore, it seemed only fair that my studio take up the largest room in the house. Now I realise what a waste of space that really is. It's not like I am doing large scale paintings or anything. I could actually get away with a desk in the corner of the room. 

AFTER: (Sorry it's not exactly the same angle!)


So, we shuffled things around AGAIN and the girls now have their very own play room! I am reluctant to call it a classroom as it sounds too school orientated!



The room is such a hit already! We use it so much and I can't believe we have not done this earlier. Naturally, we still need a few things (like curtains!!) but I am sure this space will grow and evolve along with our needs.


Also, the local home schooling get together we went along to last week was great. We felt really comfortable and I hope it's something we can participate in regularly. We will still keep up with the Canberra group as they have some really interesting activities, so it's great to have choices! Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts