LILLA ROGERS BOOT CAMP

My first week of Lilla Rogers BOOTCAMP is almost done! Of course I have not had the time I would have liked to spend on it, but it's great to have a whole week to play. (During the MATS course it's only two days of sketching and then the assignment!) Our topic of the week is CUCKOO CLOCKS.

Here's a couple of ideas from my sketches. This is a really fun theme, and once you get going you can't stop! We find out on Monday what our main assignment will be, so I am not sure what application these ideas will have just yet.

The best thing about this course format is that there are so many sketches and ideas that can be developed into a whole array of final pieces. I took this class to really develop my folio and I am sure that I will come away with many more than the 6 final assignment pieces.

During the last couple of weeks I have experienced a momentary lull between projects, so I have been toying with a new logo. 


Obviously this is still in development, but it's slowly taking shape. 
It's a combination of hand lettering and a font. Lilla's course has given me the confidence to explore hand written text and I hope to play around with it a bit more.


My quite period was short lived and I am already delving into a few new projects this week, so it will be tough to make some time for anything else for a while. Still - it's good to be busy, I guess....at least I have a new helper in the studio!


Comments

Popular Posts