Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Look what arrived in the mail! It's a brand new Ella & Olivia. This book is all about the school sports carnival and I really enjoyed drawing all kinds of fun things, like three legged races, the egg & spoon race, and tug-of-war! It's in stores in January so keep an eye out!
In the meantime, if you are still in need of some stocking stuffers for Christmas, then Ella & Olivia's Christmas Surprise might be just what you are looking for! It's out in store NOW or online HERE.
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Wow! Another couple of weeks has gone by in the blink of an eye! I am still madly catching up on my freelance workload. Since finishing the course in early November I have completed 52 full colour book illustrations and 30 roughs! Another 30 roughs to go by Christmas! Phew! I am really excited about these projects and hope to share more detail with you in the New Year....but for now...it's back to work!
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
A BIG WELCOME to all of the new readers visiting me on this MATS (2) PART A Blog Tour!
My name is Danielle McDonald and I am an Illustrator. My family and I recently made a ‘tree change’, leaving behind all of the hustle and bustle of big city life in Melbourne, to adopt a quieter lifestyle on a little farm near Australia’s capital city – Canberra.
This blog was starting to become all about the farm and my two girls (3 years old and 8months old), as I was not really doing much creatively to share here….UNTIL I discovered the Lilla Rogers Make Art That Sells Course.
This course not only reignited my passion for all things creative, but it proved that I CAN MAKE TIME to achieve my creative goals. I learned how to push myself to give 110%. I was nurtured to try new things, and I was welcomed into a wonderful new on-line community (My Tribe!)
Here’s some proof! Since finishing the course I have been flat out with a busy freelance workload, but somehow I still made the time to create this little animation…(it’s my first ever animation too!)
It was made in response to Lilla’s request for video feedback on what we learned in the class.
I could share so much more on what I got out of the classes and how it has changed me, but many of my classmates seem to have expressed it so much better than I can, so I would encourage you to visit some of them via the links at the end of this post.
I just want to wrap things up with my favourite piece I created for Week 2: HOME DECOR. (Slightly revised following some great feedback from Lilla.)
What surprises me about this piece is that it’s the only one I created without characters (my forte!), but still feel like it expresses all of the fun (or JOY!) that I usually like to get through character design. You can check out each of my projects and a full write up on each week, by reading back through my previous posts here:
I am sharing today's tour with Jennifer Appel.
Jennifer created this gorgeous piece for the Week 5 GIFT Assignment, but you can actually purchase this great design on a whole host of products here, via Society6! Be sure to check out her blog too!
FELLOW MATS CLASSMATES BLOG TOUR:
- Aisha Khan - http://www.aishaandherwork.blogspot.com/
- Linda Tordoff - http://www.paintlovestudio.blogspot.co.uk/
- Jill Byers - http://www.jillbyers.blogspot.com/
- Martina Lenhardt - www.ma-len.blogspot.com
- Melissa Doran - www.melissadoran.com
- Sarah Gager - www.sarahgager.com
- HungYu CHEN - www.rainbowfishchen.com
- stephanie corfee - www.stephaniecorfee.com
- Sophie Verhille - http://blog.sophie-verhille.com/
- Jo Chambers - www.studiolegohead.blogspot.co.uk
- Son Atwal Sonia Atwal - www.applekaur.com/blog
- Angie Sandy - http://www.angiesandy.com/blog
- Rachael Schafer - www.rachaelschaferdesigns.com
- Sarah Ehlinger - www.verysarie.com
- Jordan Vinograd Kim - http://www.foundandrewound.com/blog/
- Jen Burbridge - www.madebyburbs.co.uk
- Carolina Coto - www.carolinacotoart.com
- Aileen Tu - http://aileentu.com/blog/
- Claire Lordon - www.clairelordon.blogspot.com
- Eva Marion Seyffarth - www.eva-marion-seyffarth.blogspot.de
- Anna Whitford - www.rosanna-rossi.co.uk
- Mary Tanana - http://groovitydesigns.com/2013/11/29/make-art-that-sells-blog-tour/
- Jennifer Wambach - http://jennartdesigns.blogspot.com
- Victoria Johnson - http://victoriajohnsondesignblog.blogspot.it
- Emily Dyer http://www.emilydyer.com/blog
- Nic Squirrell - http://nicsquirrell.blogspot.co
- Melinda Hopkirk - www.crouchriverstudio.com
- Deb Trevitt - http://www.debtrevitt.com/blog/
- Jennifer Appel - http://www.jaillustration.com
- Wendy Brightbill - http://www.agirlandherbrush.wordpress.com
- Renske de Kinkelder- www.renskedekinkelder.com
- Nicole Piar- http://www.ghostkittendesign.blogspot.com/
- Andrea van Dalen - http://dreamkeeperfae.blogspot.nl/
- Ohn Mar Win - http://illustrationsouljourney.blogspot.co.uk/
- Diane Neukirch - http://dianeneukirch.blogspot.com
- Lisa Deighan - http://www.lisadeighan.com
- Kim - http://lil-kim.blogspot.com.au/
- Sophie Verhille - http://blog.sophie-verhille.com
- Jordan Vinograd Kim- http://www.foundandrewound.com/blog/
- Nicole Piar - http://www.ghostkittendesign.blogspot.com/
- Andrea Van Dalen-Krens - http://dreamkeeperfae.blogspot.nl/
- Christine Witte - http://www cookiecutterdesign.wordpress.com/