Where have all of the ideas gone?


I am really frustrated today! I am meant to be starting a new freelance book project today, but I have been working a bit full on lately, so I just could not face it. I decided to give myself the full day off and would you believe I hit my studio for some creative play time! I have been itching for so long to sit down and do something creative for myself (just for the pleasure of it, rather than as a "job".)

The trouble is that I am overwhelmed! There's so much great stuff out there and I just don't know where to start. I want to try collage, and modelling clay, and felt pictures, print making.....etc etc.....I sat down in my studio drawing and sketching this afternoon but nothing seemed good enough.

I turned to reading some blogs for some inspiration, (but I am meant to be DOING rather than reading about what other people are DOING) and it has just left me a bit flat in the end!

I could not even get my Inspiration Monday stuff together today. Maybe I just need to "chill out" for a bit and let the creative mind just rest a bit.

So I will leave you with some artwork created for some pyjamas last year, rather than some truly brilliant art piece that I "whipped up" this afternoon!


Type the rest here

Comments

Ratlion said…
I can't tell you the number of times I've been inspired to sit down with paints and a brush and paint me a 'masterpiece', only to end up with absolute rubbish!

:D

Rest is definitely the best bet! I'd just put it down to being 'one of those days' and enjoy my day off!
(Hope you did!)
Sure did! Thanks for your support!
Unknown said…
I just love the pretty prints you show on this post! I know how it is to be disappointed not to manage to accomplish what you had intended. Another day the time will be right!

-Emily

Popular Posts