It never rains, it POURS!


TO DO LIST: (In no particular order!)
1. Mascot drawings: Waiting on go ahead from client, but looks like a go-er!
ESTIMATED TIME REQUIRED = 3-4 DAYS
2. New "Double Book" (i.e. twice the number of illustrations usually required) in the series I worked on throughout most of last year.Waiting on final brief in order to commence work.
ESTIMATED TIME REQUIRED = 5-6 DAYS
3. NEW apparel project = FOLLOWING MEETING WITH NEW CLIENT LAST WEEK.
Brief: new logo, branding, & marketing concept for proposed new label. Also required to research and design the associated apparel ranges for the proposed label - sizes 0-2 AND 3-7 for both GIRLS and BOYS. Waiting on quote approval but too scared to waste a second on this project, so have already done store research, market analysis and competitor studies. Have commenced colour palette concepts and theme/story ideas.
ESTIMATED TIME REQUIRED = 4-5 WEEKS
TIMELINES:
-Total time required to complete all above projects = 6-7 WEEKS
-Total time available to complete all above projects (as per deadlines) = 4 WEEKS
-Total time available until leave for two week holiday = 4 WEEKS
(Yes it IS booked, and YES it is NON-REFUNDABLE, and YES we are going, no matter what - as we are looooong overdue for this!)
CONCLUSION: No life for next 4 weeks = holiday reward, money in bank (eventually!) and happy campers (literally!) all 'round.
ACTION PLAN:
- Cancel dentist appointment for next week. DONE 25/1/08
Well, come on - I am now far too busy and important to enjoy the luxury of personal appointments! It's all about prioritising!
- Attend interview for full-time product design job in the middle of next week.
(Just to further complicate my life and to punish myself for having a moment of weakness and self-doubt about my ability to maintain consistent freelance work.) Did I mention that I will be returning from my Tassie trip to no less than 10 book projects that I have already agreed to?!But the job sounded so tempting! It's the first one I've come across that really caught my attention!
-Blog about the entire crazy process as much as possible, instead of posting a warning that I will be falling off the planet for the next month in order to complete all requirements!
I will be restricted by copyright again in terms of how much I can share with you, but I hope to be creative about the imagery I can share.
Hhhhhmmm. How come none of the Business Management Books ever read like the above?

Comments

Oh my gosh Dan!!! I don't know what to say.. you really have it going, don't you? Wow, you are really busy.. very busy!!!!

But you can do it. And I'm sure everything its going to come out great... just in time for your Tazmanian trip.. you'll see. Congratulation friend!

And thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm so glad you like it. It means a lot for me that you do :o)
oh goodness! Whew, I feel for you,...my life was like this for the past 2-3 months. When it rains, it definitely pours! Now I am finally getting some relief!

Very brave of you to document your schedule like this, I appreciate it. Definitely no business management book can prepare you for schedules like this. It will be wonderful for you to finish up and get that vacation as a lovely reward :-) You can do it!
sketched out said…
Holy cow, that's crazy busy! I've been there, bleh. But you can do it, and you'll have $$$$$ and a vacation, yay!! Good to have dangling carrots.

Popular Posts