MIXED EMOTIONS

Well it's been a weekend of mixed emotions. Thank you once again to everyone who left comments last week. I have had my first taste of blogging and the fear I initially felt is starting to give way to excitement.

A special thank you to my gorgeous husband whose amazing comments and support have brought tears to my eyes (and I hear I am not alone in this!) I guess I have approached this with my usual caution in not wanting revealing too much about myself, and then I read the beautiful words from one "Raymond J" and was reminded how important it is to just be yourself! (I have so much to learn from him!)

Anyway - back to the weekend. I had grand visions of doing a proper feature on our beautiful dog "Maggie" and to give you a little insight into how amazing she is, but she has been pretty sick recently and the last few days have been pretty bad.
I took her to the vet on Friday and he suspects she is in pain. He gave her an injection that was supposed to help her get through the weekend a little easier, but I think she's worse. Am just waiting for the vet to open up this morning and I will have to take her in for another assessment.

She is a standard poodle (isn't she gorgeous!) and we have had her for exactly two years today. We think she is about 4 or 5 years old and we got her from a family who could not look after her anymore. We believe she was born with a bow in her front leg (which is quite distinct when she has shorter hair) and we were warned that she could develop arthritis early, but I was hoping it would hold off a bit longer. Anyway, I suspect that's what's going on at the moment, but we will have to wait for confirmation I guess.
Despite our concern for Maggie, we did have some exciting developments with another big project we have had on the go for some time (and I have not had the chance to introduce you to yet), but will save that for later in the week. There's only so much you can read in one sitting!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Hey Lucky Girl

Can I just say that the comments the amazing Raymond J left you have brought tears to my eyes also. I knew he would support you– he is such a beautiful person :)

I am so glad (and quite envious) that you have done this. Well done for taking the leap. I only wish that I had the belief to be able to do it myself. One day my friend, one day!

I'll be sure to keep popping in to check up. Look what you've started. Well done my sweet! Well done!
Oh... hope Maggie gets better :o(
I now how it feels... I'm crazy about dogs and anytime something happens to mine it really gets to me. I'm sure she'll be ok soon.
glorydaze said…
Oh she is adorable! I hope she'll be ok.
Welcome to blogland by the way! I am sure you will do well.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts